Monday, January 26, 2009

Funny Fact about Tyler


Tyler Never Caught without His Button Shirt





I was reminded today about an interesting fact about Tyler. He is absolutely, undeniably in love with shirts with buttons. Even if there are only three near the collar, or all the way button downs, (his favorite) he has to have it on. I have no clue why. He gets pretty upset when he has to wear just a plain tee, and if I make him take off his button shirt for a plain one, its an absolute war. Today I got him out of his morning PJ's even though he was going for a nap shortly, so I let him pick out whatever he wanted to wear, b/c it didn't matter if he picked out something goofy. He insisted on a button shirt, and when I guided him towards another shirt (having no buttons) he was very persistent that he wanted the one he had picked out. His face lights up when he sees shirts with buttons on them. He would probably prefer that over any other toy. It's very strange. He loves to stare down at his buttons and twist his little fingers pretending to open and close them. I told Chris's mom about it, and she had mentioned that Chris himself had this weird obsession with dressing up nice, and that when going to school Chris would not want his teacher to see him in just jeans, but nice pants with button up shirts. I guess the apple really doesn't fall far from the tree. Have I created a polo, button shirt wearing monster? Tyler would probably not want me to share this, but I think its pretty funny. So just in case people thought I was weird for always putting him in button shirts, if you have noticed...that's why. Here's Tyler always caught wearing nothing other than a button shirt. LOL

6 comments:

Hill said...

He looks Sharp wearing them.

Diane said...

He's so cute in his button shirts! Maybe the buttons are his security object, kind of like my Tyler's blanket!

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

That's so funny! It's true, I've never seen Tyler in anything but collared, buttoned shirts. It's a good thing- you're raising a boy who will grow up knowing the importance of dressing well! He's so cute!

Ashley Bogard said...

I added you to my blog so now we can keep in touch! Love your cute little kids.

Nana Del said...

He's just like his father was when he was little. I think its adorable. Personally I think they like to emulate Daddy! Don't worry though it all changes when he gets a little older, so enjoy it while you can! Love,
Nana D

Auntie C said...

That is the funniest thing....This made me laugh so hard I cried.