Sunday, January 25, 2009

Book of the Month


My sister had a New Year's resolution to read at least one new book every month. It made me think about, how I should do the same thing. It just seems that I never make the time to do it. After and exhausting day with the kids, once they've gone to bed all I seem to want to do is check my mail, and watch some T.V. and yes I admit, be a lazy couch potato. That's not good, not at all. Sometimes I just feel so ignorant, because I've only held conversations with a 2 year old and 6 month old all day. Perhaps my brain is shrinking by the minute. My mother in law sent me down some really good books a while ago, and I feel so guilty that I haven't read even one..sorry Deb. I was at a bookstore with my sister and I came across a book that was on sale and so we got one for each of us, and thought we would start our own little book club. I also want to read some of the other books I got from my mom-in-law. The book we started with is a novel called Long Journey Home written by Amber Esplin. We just got it yesterday so I am only on the third chapter, but it seems interesting.


Details: Bridget McKenna has had her future mapped out ever since she was small. But when Bridget's mother dies in a car accident, her careful plans get derailed. Bridget must move across the country to live with a father she hasn't seen since her parents divorced years before. As she leaves behind the life she once knew, Bridget holds onto a single hope: make it through her senior year and then return home. Getting through the year, however, may not be so simple. Bridget uncovers secrets from the past that threaten to steer her toward an uncertain future.


If anyone wants to join us, and would like to make any book recommendations let me know.

No comments: