Sunday, March 1, 2009

I Do!


Man I felt the need to share with everyone to see who else might have had the same experience. Tyler has been doing this for a while now, and although I am proud of him, and sometimes and I mean sometimes only...its cute. His word of the year is " I do" He has to to do everything by himself. I guess it comes with this age, but I never knew how much of everything he wanted to do. I feel like before I know it, he will be telling me hes packing up and moving out. He has to change himself, buckle himself up, and tons of other things. It only becomes aggravating when he wants to do those things that I can not allow him to do alone, that's when the tantrums come out, and when we are in public, it looks like he is the problem child when really he is not. He just feels so independent I guess. I think I've just heard this word " I do" so many times, I can't get it out of my head. Anyone else experience this??

2 comments:

The Morgan Family! said...

Oh yes Jathan went through the same thing!!It will take time but he'll get through it.He is a very well behave boy I must say..Your doing a great job!!

Nana Del said...

It is a part of growing up Mommy. What you can do is encourage the things he can do on his own. I remember Crystal was more into that than Chris. So I would give her a choice on which outfit to wear. I would give her a choice on snacks etc. Let her start to feel like she is in control. For the things he can't control claim it is house rules, car rules etc. He needs to also learn about rules. Good luck Mom and Dad.
Lots of Love,
Nana D