Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Emily's Nursery is Done







I have been planning and waiting to complete Emily's nursery for quite some time. I knew Emily would be sleeping in our room till she was at least 3 1/2 months or so, but not quite till now. I know I am not going to like having her sleep so far away from me, but it will be very nice for her to have her own room. We have had family staying with us which is one of the reasons her room was not finished. But now it is complete! I have been working very hard on every detail of her room. I made the letters of her name on the wall, and because Chris didn't want me to spend money on a chandelier, I managed to find one at a consignment store and spray painted it white, and added the beading to make it look like a crystal chandelier, saving me tons of money. I told him that I would find a way to get one in her room and I did. I was very proud of myself. I was going for a shabby chic look. Chris helped alot by helping Aaron paint the room the beautiful pink that it is, I thank Aaron very much for his hard work. Chris was also very patient with me, and put up all the wall hangings, and not to mention the chandelier, which he had a hard time with. I am so glad I have a handy man, because if not I could not have done any of this. I am so happy it's done.

5 comments:

Hill said...

Jennifer it looks great!! What an Awesome job!!Emily is very lucky to have you

The Morgan Family! said...

IT looks so good!YOu did a great job Im sure Emily will love it!

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Jennifer you did such a great job!! I love, love LOVE the chandelier!!! It's beautiful and way to go finding a way to get one in there! that's even better than buying already done because now it has more meaning since you made it yourself! (plus you can look at it without thinking of the tons of money you spent!! lol) Her room is so pretty; great job!!

Vanessa said...

Good Job, I love pink little girls room, I can't wait for mine to get here and enjoy her room too. It gives us a sence of great acomplishment when we put so much hard work into it. I like to go in my nurssery at least once a day and just stare at it...

Anonymous said...

Jen, You did an amazing job and the chandelier is my favorite part...awesome job woman!