Monday, April 20, 2009

To big for the bumbo




I think she prefers the highchair too


Its Official..Emily is too big for the bumbo. She can still fit in it, but has mastered the art of getting out of it all to well for it to be considered safe. I used it so much with her. It was so much easier to feed her in there then to roll out the highchair from the garage. She had been doing it for a while, stretching her body all the way back, but never got out. The other day had the worst scare ever. I usually sit her in the bumbo on the table with Tyty to eat breakfast cause they will play together. I was getting her breakfast ready, when I turn my head to see her full body stretched out on the very edge of the table, had she not been reaching for Tyler's food, and had I not got there in the exact second I did she would have rolled over and fell on the tile floor. I screamed so loud, and I never regret anything more than this. Had she fallen I would have never forgiven myself. I learned my lesson, and out came the highchair. Its actually so much easier to feed her in that, so man bumbo is out. Its still a great invention though.



Emily is 9 months old tomorrow. What a big girl. She eats just about anything, and is loving more solid foods than her baby jar food. She also uses her index and thumb together really well to grab her food and put it in her mouth. She loves to feed herself. I am working on getting her to drink from a sippy cup because she still just wants to bite it rather than suck, not sure if it's cause shes teething or just not ready. She doesn't crawl, but "rolls" to get around, so cute. And we are still waiting for teeth to come. She has been practicing and is doing really well with saying hi and bye, its very cute. I'm ok with her staying the age she is, she is my perfect little baby. Loves to dance, and jump, and make funny noises.

1 comment:

Nana Del said...

I just Love Emily's pigtails. She is just too cute! I can't wait to see her again. And that smile is worth all the gold in the world. Better watch out when she gets older, she will be breaking those boys hearts! I miss her so much!
Love,
Nana